A career Banker from the 1970’s, including three stints as a Bank Manager, Paul has spent the majority of his professional career in lending. He has worked in Consumer lending and also in Business and Commercial lending.
Since becoming a Mortgage Broker in 2012, Paul has been able to assist many clients, both for personal and business purposes. Paul is passionate about helping his clients achieve their individual financial goals and aspirations.
Paul has won many awards throughout his professional career, but the most important reward is the sheer joy in seeing clients achieve their goals.
Most of Paul’s new business comes from personal recommendations of people that he has assisted.
Paul is a Credit Representative (No 421808) of Outsource Financial Pty Ltd ACN 131090705 (Australian Credit Licence No 384324).
He is a fully qualified lending professional, who maintains mandatory professional indemnity insurance at all times. He regularly updates his lending knowledge via various lender seminars and webinars.
Paul's Best Interests Duty (BID)
From 1st of January 2021, it became compulsory for all Mortgage Brokers to act in consumers’ best interests; this is called Best Interests Duty.
Here is Paul’s mission:
- Take the time to listen to you and understand the situation and objectives. Provide feedback to you to ensure that he fully understands your goals and needs.
- From the information and feedback, determine what your best interests are.
- Paul will help you understand the options and help choose a loan that is in your best interests, whilst explaining how others are not.
- Clearly explain the relevant features of the chosen loan product(s) and put his recommendation in writing to you.
- Determine that there are no conflicts of interest – and if there are, prioritise your interests.
- Weigh up the features according to their benefit to you.
- Provide recommendations to you that satisfy the BID obligations.
Paul’s commitment to his clients
- Paul will collate all of the required documentation and submit the loan application to the lender on your behalf.
- He will liaise with the chosen lender and any other third parties and keep you informed every step of the way.
- Present you with an option to consider protecting your most important assets.
- With your permission, conduct an annual loan review, to ensure that the loans are still appropriate as your circumstances change.
- Maintain ongoing contact, to keep you up to date with market changes and assist you whenever necessary.
Paul’s panel of lenders
Paul’s panel of lenders is a well balanced selection of more than 22 of Australia’s leading home loan lenders and a good varied list of commercial and business lenders. The panel is reviewed on an ongoing basis and add or remove lenders as appropriate.
How Paul is remunerated
The chosen lender pays a commission out of their profit, which is fully disclosed to you. There may be some occasions, where Paul charges a Credit Assistance fee. In these circumstances, Paul will provide a fee quotation, for acceptance by the client, prior to proceeding with his credit assistance.
Keeping you informed each step of the way
We understand that arranging finance is both an exciting and stressful time. Clients should not need to ‘chase down’ their Lending Professional. Paul will proactively keep you up to date with your application, even if there is no news. Notwithstanding COVID-19 has seen loan assessment times extend well beyond traditional or standard service levels with most lenders.
If issues arise and requires remediation, Paul will liaise directly with the Lender. Clients do not need to call their central number and get the run around – he will sort it out and provide feedback directly to his client.
Paul not only assists clients with arranging the loan, but wants to help clients with their future finance needs as well. Whether they looking for ‘top up’ finance for renovations, wanting to buy an investment property, or just to make sure that your current mortgage is competitive, Paul is here to help.
Protecting clients most important assets
For most of us, our house is more than just our largest asset, it’s our family home. That’s why Paul will talk about protecting your most important assets in the case of serious illness, injury, accident or death. He will also ask as to whether clients have a current Will.
Your feedback is important
After your loan has settled, your feedback is most welcome. Please feel free to post your feedback on the service that Paul has provided on his website.
Paul’s business is built around referrals from his clients, Paul would welcome the opportunity to assist friends, family and colleagues with their lending requirements.